No purchase necessary.
1. Who may enter/Contest Period. Contest open only to participants over 18 years old who complete all steps to submit a valid project, as stated below. Void where prohibited by law. Contest begins on Thursday, July 11 at 9:00AM EST and ends on Saturday, August 1st at 10PM EST (the “Contest Period”).
Employees, officers and directors of the Company are NOT eligible to participate in this Contest. Non-eligibility or non-compliance with any of these Official Rules will result in disqualification.
IN ADDITION TO THE PARTIES LISTED ABOVE, THE FOLLOWING ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO ENTER:
By entering, you warrant and represent that: (a) neither your participation in this Contest nor your acceptance of a prize, if awarded to you, violates any rules, policies or guidelines of the company by which you are employed, nor any applicable federal, state or local law; (b) you are authorized to enter the Contest and accept a prize if awarded to you.
The Contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations of the jurisdiction in which you reside. By participating, you agree to abide by, and be bound by, these Official Rules and the decisions of the Company, which shall be final and binding in all matters relating to the Contest.
2. How to enter. During the Contest Period, you may enter by visiting the Coding Challenge web page, and submitting your entry on the designated form along with all necessary legal documentation by the end of the challenge. Limit one (1) entry per person. Entries must contain all information requested, including but not limited to a fully executed permission slip and waiver. Failure to comply will result in disqualification of your entry. Any attempt by any person to gain multiple entries by use of automated devices or multiple identities will result in disqualification. No mechanically or electronically reproduced entries allowed. Entries become the property of the Company and will not be returned or acknowledged, except as provided herein.
3. Determination of Winner. At the conclusion of the Contest Period, the Company will review all entries and choose a winner based on the follow criteria.
1. Code quality
2. Code efficiency
3. How does the project respond to testing
All eligible entries received during the Contest Period will be eligible to win the prize, if any, described in Rule 5, below. You will be contacted by the email you provided if chosen as the winner.
4. Odds of winning. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
5. Prize. Prize will be announced on the contest page on the contest beginning date. Prize may be an acknowledgment of the winner on social medias or a gift card or other gifts.
The prizes consist only of the items described above. The prize will be awarded provided it is claimed properly in accordance with these Official Rules.
6. Claiming Prize. The Company will attempt to notify potential winner by telephone, postal mail and/or email. If the potential winner cannot be reached after reasonable effort has been exerted, if he/she is found to be ineligible, or if he/she cannot or does not comply with these Official Rules, such person will be disqualified and an alternate potential winner will be selected among all remaining entries based on the same evaluation criteria.
When applicable, as a condition of receiving the prize, the potential winner will be required to complete, sign and return an affidavit of eligibility, liability release and, where permitted, publicity release forms within 30 days after being notified s/he has potentially won the prize. Acceptance of the prize constitutes permission to use such winner’s name, biographical information, voice and/or likeness for the Company’s promotional and/or advertising purposes in all media worldwide without notice or further compensation, unless legally prohibited or unless the winner has elected to opt out of such use. If for any reason a Winner is deemed ineligible, or does not complete and return the required documents, prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected from all remaining eligible entries.
7. Limitation of Liability. By entering, each entrant agrees to indemnify, release, defend and hold harmless the Sponsor, its parent company, affiliates, subsidiaries, authorized agents, sales representatives, distributors, and advertising and promotional agencies, and the respective officers, directors, shareholders, members, successors, agents, assigns and employees of each of the foregoing (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all liability for damages or causes of action (however named or described), with respect to or arising out of: (i) entrant’s participation in the Contest; or (ii) the receipt, possession and/or use or misuse of the prize (if awarded to him/her).
8. General Conditions.The Released Parties are not responsible for: (i) electronic transmissions or entries that are lost, late, stolen, incomplete, illegible, damaged, garbled, destroyed, misdirected, or not received by Company for any reason; (ii) any problems or technical malfunctions, errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, delays in operation or transmission, communication failures or human error that may occur in the transmission, receipt or processing of entries, or for deletion, theft or destruction of, unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; (iii) failed or unavailable hardware, network or software; (iv) causes beyond Company’s reasonable control that jeopardize the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest; (v) any entries submitted in a manner that is not expressly allowed under these Official Rules (all such entries will be disqualified); (vi) incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by entrants or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (vii) any typographical or other error in any printing or advertising relating to the Contest, in the administration or execution of the Contest, or in the announcement of the prize winner; (viii) damage to any person’s computer; or (ix) cheating or fraud by any participant.
If for any reason the Contest cannot be executed as planned, including but not limited to any printing, administrative, human or other error of any kind, transmission failure, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Company that corrupt or affect the security, administration, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, or if the Contest is compromised or becomes corrupted in any way, electronically or otherwise, Company reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest without notice. If the Contest is terminated prior to the stated end time/date of the Contest Period, the prize will be awarded in a random drawing from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the time/date of termination.
Company reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest generally, or who acts in violation of these Official Rules. Company’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that term.